Monday, January 21, 2013

The Christmas I Put My Foot Down

Yes I know its almost at the end of January. No one ever said I was on top of things! ;)

 So I think after Christmas of 2011 I vented my frustrations about having to do 5 Christmas' in two days. Ridiculous. Its no fun to rush rush rush. Then open all your presents and have to leave to not come home till 10 or 11 that night. Especially spending time with a family who couldn't care less about you the other 364 days in the year. So I said no more. And guess what? We didn't do not one Christmas but our own. It was GREAT! We slept in, opened our presents, made breakfast then the boys went hunting. I cooked dinner and we just chilled the rest of the day. Couldn't have asked for a better day. And just to back things up for a minute, we even went to two services on Christmas Eve. I think this will be our new normal! And I'm sure plenty had something to say, but guess what? I no longer care what "they" think. They can suck it!

No comments:

Post a Comment