Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January Updates

Looking back at my posts I realized I have not posted about my dad. Dec 21, 2009, my dad had a PET scan done because he had been having severe ear pain. He had put it off and put it off and finally decided to just go. Well they discovered a tumor on the back of his tongue and the right side of his throat. December 23, 2009, he went for a biopsy. After it was done and he was in recovery the doctor came out and told us that the tumor was cancer and he believed it to be a stage 4. Luckily the day after Christmas, we found out that it was stage 2 but would require aggressive treatment. He will require 5 radiation treatments a week and up to 4 chemo treatments. This will all take place in a 7 week time. The doctors are very optimistic that this will take care of the tumor. Lets just pray that they are right!! This past weekend, we had Sara's birthday party. My dad said he would come down as long as he felt good. Well I prayed all week that he would. And guess what?? He did!! I was so excited that he came down to the party. I made sure I took pics of him!! That totally made my day.

Other then my dad, everyone else is doing good. Today I registered Sara for the pre-k program at Blessed Lambs. Im very excited that she will be going there next year. As far as my New Year's goals, well lets just say that is slow moving!! But Im sure they will all fall into place here shortly. Next week I get to watch Eli and Aaron while Chelsea is in school. Im so excited! I love all her kids so much. I also had an idea for Easter. Im going to have an egg dying party for all the kiddos!! I figured I would set up and provide all the kits. Im going to ask each family bring the eggs they want to dye and a snack to share. It should be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment